The Journal of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention
Editors-in-chief: Annette L. Beautrais, PhD; J.F. Connolly
ISSN: 0227-5910 (online)
This well established periodical publishes the most important articles on crisis intervention and suicidology from around the world. Crisis is extensively cited in widely available abstracting services such as Index Medicus, PsycInfo, and Medline. Over and above this, the journal also includes potentially life saving practical information for all those involved in crisis intervention and suicide prevention:
- Case studies from crisis intervention centers or from disaster and emergency services in the unique "Clinical Insights" section
- Regular columns in each issue written by some of the world’s leading authorities, covering areas such as the management of crisis centers, school crisis counseling, emergency psychiatry, and jail or prison suicide
- Short Reports, with brief summaries of particularly new and interesting studies
- Conference reports on the latest meetings around the world, as well as a Calendar of forthcoming events
- Reviews of books, films, videos, information systems, training programs, and other intervention-related material
Crisis does not shy away from controversy: All sides of important current debates, such as the ongoing controversies about assisted suicide and euthanasia, have an opportunity to air their views, and letters to the editor frequently raise interesting questions about recent results or policy decisions.
These unique features of Crisis mean that the journal is a must for all those who need to keep up on the latest information, from both basic research and practical experience, in the fields of Crisis Intervention and Suicide Prevention.
... Excellent for psychologists, counselors, institutional health center personnel, and all therapists working with people facing acute and emotional crises.
More information about subscription can be found here.